1. How long can a garment last in my wardrobe?
Answer 1: Some clothes are timeless while others are trend of the moment with a shorter life span. If the garment in your wardrobe belongs to the timeless category, you can wear them as long as you like and may be even pass on to the next generation. If you have more of trend of the moment inside your wardrobe you will probably have to let them go sooner than you’d want. However, many pieces that are out of trend can be updated by styling in a new way. The bottom line is, you can continue wearing your wardrobe till you genuinely feel you need an upgrade.
2. How do I know what will look good on me?
Answer 2 : The answer is pretty straight forward, you can never know till you try. While a professional stylist can help you pick items based on your body type, preferences, skin tone etc., trying things out is very important to make an informed decision.
3. I like an item but I think it makes me look fat/short/thin/weird/ugly (you can add adjectives of your choice). What should I do?
Answer 3 : Not all items can compliment everybody in a world full of diverse appearances. If you like wearing something, you can always customize the fit, length etc. in a way that suits your body type and personality.
4. What are the top 3 items that I need to have in my wardrobe?
Answer 4 : A well-fitted jeans, a classic white shirt and a pair of black pumps.
5. What is the most important thing I need to remember while buying fashion items?
Answer 5 : Make sure they fit you well. Fit is one of the most important aspect that is overlooked most often. A bad fit can make even the most expensive clothes look cheap!
6. Is it ok to like something that is considered outdated?
Answer 6: It is ok to add one supposedly ‘outdated’ item to your outfit if you balance it with either trendy or timeless pieces.
7. I mostly have blacks and whites in my wardrobe. How do I incorporate more color?
Answer 7: If you are new to wearing bright colors, start slow. Maybe start with some pastel-colored tops initially. It is also a good idea to add some fun colors through accessories first.
8. What are some of the fail-proof spring-summer items?
Answer 8: Sundresses in ditsy floral prints, pastel-colored blouses, color white (whichever way you like to use it), denim shorts, and oversized sunglasses.
9. What are some of the fail-proof autumn-winter items?
Answer 9: Color black, Denim in dark washes, High neck tops, Chunky knit sweaters, Sweater dresses, and Chunky boots.
10. Is it ok to wear sequins and shimmery fabrics during the day?
Answer 10: Yes. But, don’t overdo this, if you are unsure.
11. Does horizontal stripes make you look fat/wide?
Answer 11: Yes, horizontal stripes can make you look wider in general. But horizontal stripes are also very classy and a must-have fashion item. The trick is to avoid wearing horizontal stripes in areas where you feel you are a bit bigger.
12. I want to try most of the new fashion trends. But I feel like I am going to come across as ‘trying too hard. What should I do?
Answer 12: If you feel as if you are trying too hard, you probably are! It is good to step out of your comfort zone when experimenting with Fashion, but make sure you tread lightly. It is also a good idea to take professional advice if you like.